Saturday, January 20, 2007

Ready - Set - Go!!

Ok, here goes nothing...

Just started the disassembly this weekend. Did all the easy stuff... drained the engine oil and coolant, then took the intake, intercooler, exhuast and turbo off... oh... the seats too... then up it went onto stands


I am not working under just the hydraulic jack! This picture is a bit misleading. Caution: dont ever work under a car jacked up only by a hydraulic jack. Also, its always a good idea to put the wheels under the body of the car just as extra insurance!













I just know that I will forget where everything is connected, and just too damn lazy to take pictures of every single connection, so I just used masking tape and a white board marker and started labelling all the connections that I disconnected...
Ahhh... the power source of the 300whp! Hopefully a GT28R with water injection will be good enough!
Here are a few peeks of the SMT shifter shaft... this will eventually be replaced with a shifter shaft from a 6sp manual spyder (Japan '03+ model)... Oh, and the lovely SMT HPU (hydraulic power unit I think it stands for)... Thats going! Nice new location for my air filter!!
Soon to be the new home to a shiny new clutch pedal! :-D
Another shot of the new home... a close-up!

Found something interesting... The spot where the master cylinder goes is... ermm... occupied! Will have to relocate that alarm unit.


The wiring is a huge mess at the moment... fingers crossed, I will remember what goes to what! Better go and buy more masking tape. :-) Oh, in my last post, I really have to thank SimonTan and Tiang from www.SpyderChat.com who helped me with the list of parts I will require for the SMT --> Manual conversion.

Next, the drive shafts are coming off, then I have to figure out where to hook the engine upto the cherry picker hoist! Any suggestions?? :-P

1 comment:

Tiang said...

Dean, there might be issues with fitting the clutch pedal, and the current foot rest. The space between the pedal and the floor seems v. tight