Sunday, February 11, 2007

Got the Crank Shaft Pulley Bolt!!!

Alright!! Cause for celebration... Like I was saying in my last post, I was having trouble with the crank shaft pulley bolt because it was torqued to about 140NM, and I couldnt keep the pulley still while I tried to break loose the bolt.

Well, a trip to Bunnings (our local major hardware chain retailer), and some imagination solve that problem. I spent $40AUD making up something myself vs buying the "harmonic balancer" which costs $80AUD from the local car shop.

So this is the "contraption" I ended up using to hold the crank pulley still while I torqued loose the bolt.

Ok, so one of a bolt got a little out of shape!! :-P But it still worked!



Ahhh... finally got to the timing chain! Soon, the head will be off, I am betting its a bent valve!!

No comments: